I love crepes and I was really bummed that I couldn't find a good gluten free recipe. I tied many different ones, but after a bit of experimenting, I think this is the best, easiest and most delicious recipe I've tried. The subtle coconut flavor makes it that much better.
By the way, the taste and texture are different than regular crepes. The gluten free ones are much more richer, fuller, if I might say so. Have in mind that while they are warm, they are much more delicate than regular crepes. Bake on lower temperature so they don't fall apart when you are trying to flip them. The process is MUCH different than making regular crepes and it might take a few tries to get them right, but the taste is totally worth it.
1/2 tsp of sugar ( you can substitute with anything you use as a sweetener)
1 cup coconut milk
1 tbsp coconut oil ( or regular butter)
4 tbsp coconut flour
pinch of salt
Makes about 7 crepes
1. In a stand up mixer beat the eggs first on slow, then gradually increase to high. Beat until the egg mixture is doubled in size.
2. Gradually add the sugar, milk and oil.
3. Sift the flour and the salt, then gradually add it to the eggs mixture.
4. When done, let the mixture stand for 15-20 minutes, then beat with the mixture again.
5. Grease ( with olive oil or coconut oil for more flavor) then heat a non-stick pan on medium to low. When heated, pour with a ladle from the mixture and cook for a minute or so, then flip the crepe.
6. Garnish with Nutella, fresh fruit, whipped cream, honey, nuts, chocolate- you choose.