This recipe I got from my friend Maria ( Thank you, you are a gem!) since I ate all the cookies my son brought home when he had a sleepover in her house. Yes, they are THAT GOOD.
2 cups of chocolate chips ( for melting)
1 cup of chocolate chip ( whole to add later)
1/2 stick butter ( 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups chopped pecans
2. Mix the dry ingredients ( flour, baking powder and salt) and set aside.
3. Melt the 2 cups of chocolate chips and the butter.
4. Beat the eggs mixture ( sugar, eggs and vanilla) and then add the melted chocolate mixture to it, then gradually add the flower and fold by hand until well incorporated.
5. Add the walnuts and chocolate chips to the mixture. (NOTE: The cookie batter will look runny- it is supposed to be that way!)
6. Use an ice cream scooper or a spoon to place the batter on cookie trays lined with baking paper. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, depending on your oven. The cookies will crack on top.