As promised my cookie list for 2012. It might sound a bit overwhelming, but it's all about organizing, really. If you are planing on a long cookie list, you should check out my recommendations on baking a lot of cookies at a time.
I have to say, although I was not planing on making so many, the smiles of the people who got them- friends, neighbors, even complete strangers, were priceless.1. Mexican wedding cakes ( Snowballs, Melting moments, whatever you want to call them, recipe here)
2. A new one on the list- jam sandwich cookies from pie crust dough. These have strawberry filling, I will post the recipe soon.
3. Sweet no-bake chocolate salami ( same dough as this recipe, except I removed the plums from the recipe and added golden raising instead).
4. Bundt cake with a brownie flower. ( Recipe is like any other vanilla bundt cake, but you cut out flower shapes and arrange them on the bottom of the pan like this picture)
5. ( take a breath) Orange-cardamom-white chocolate chip-macadamia nut-almond cookie. ( done) To a regular white chocolate chip-macadamia nut recipe I added orange peel and cardamom. Garnished with an almond.
6. Sugar pinwheel cookies with cinnamon.
7. Pear Pecan tassies ( recipe here)
8. No bake sugarplums without plums, covered in chocolate. YUM.
9. Rich fruitcake( can be served with ice cream)
Don't forget to serve with a smile! Unless you have braces like me, then you can stick to a toothless smile :-)