Monday, October 12, 2009
A very quick caviar appetizer
In spite of all that glorifying of the black caviar, I just love the red one! Unfortunately I haven't seen it in the store for the longest time and the one Seafood store we have around here is very far, so I guess black caviar will do ;-)
It is very easy recipe and you don't need to cook anything. Just arranging tasteful bites for you to enjoy with good company and nice drink.
You will need:
1 jar black caviar
1 crispy fresh cucumber
1 stick unsalted butter
1. Wash the cucumber and cut in circles.
2. Arrange the crackers on a plate and place a single ( very!) thin slice of butter.
3. Arrange the cucumbers on top of the butter.
4. With a teaspoon ( never touch caviar with metal utensils- only glass, silver, plastic or wooden, because it gives unpleasant metallic taste to the caviar!) place a small amount of caviar on top of the cucumber.
5. Serve cold!
The caviar is a tasteful explosion by itself, so it does not need you to add, to the taste with complicated recipes and ingredients.
The simple, the better if you ask me.
I have been asked so many questions about this recipe, that I decided I should repost it and update the instructions, hopefully you'...
This is what has been keeping me from posting yesterday! You can see the recipe I use step by step here : Kozunaci ( Easter breads) the ...
* Our Christmas table 2011 I have written before about Bulgarian Christmas and our tradition to have only vegan food on Christmas Eve. T...
Have you seen the movie Ponyo? Miyazaki is one of my favorite directors and as a huge fan of " Kiki's delivery service ",...
- ► 2011 (12)
- ► 2010 (26)
- ▼ October (4)
- ► 2008 (22)