Friday, October 2, 2009
Salmon with white wine sauce and vegetables
I love salmon! The nice, juicy, flaky red fish is one of my favorites and my kids prefer it than any other fish, so I cook salmon often.
One of my son's favorite recipes is salmon with white wine sauce ans vegetables.
I hope you like it! It's really easy to prepare and it takes no time at all!
You would need:
6 salmon fillets (with the skin!)
3 tbsp olive oil
3 cups wild mushrooms or baby bella mushrooms
2 cup celery
1 tbsp butter
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup white wine( dry)
1/2 tsp mixed pepper
Wash, cut, prepare fish and vegetables: 10 min
Brown fish: 2 min
Bake fish and stir fry vegetables 10: min
Serve and garnish: 3 min
Total: 25 min
1. Preheat the oven at 350 F.
2. Wash and pat dry the salmon fillets. In a heavy non-stick pan preheat the 3 tbsp olive oil. Place the fillets skin side down in the hot pan and fry for a minute on each side, until the fish changes color. You have to be careful not to overcook it! Take a closer look at the picture, the fish is still raw in the middle! Sprinkle some salt and pepper, creole spice and place in a greased roasting pan.
3. Add the white wine on top of the fish and bake in the oven for 8-10 min. You have to check on the fish regularly, because if you overcook it, it would be dry and this is the worst thing that can happen to a salmon! You don't need it to be brown on top! You need to not see the pinkish color in the middle!
4. In a large non-stick pan stir fry with the butter the mushrooms and celery, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
* Note, if you want to make it more lean, you can use sesame seed oil instead of butter.
5. Serve the salmon garnished with freshly chopped mint leaves and add the vegetables as a side. As every fish, it combines great with white wine.
I have been asked so many questions about this recipe, that I decided I should repost it and update the instructions, hopefully you'...
This is what has been keeping me from posting yesterday! You can see the recipe I use step by step here : Kozunaci ( Easter breads) the ...
* Our Christmas table 2011 I have written before about Bulgarian Christmas and our tradition to have only vegan food on Christmas Eve. T...
Have you seen the movie Ponyo? Miyazaki is one of my favorite directors and as a huge fan of " Kiki's delivery service ",...
- ► 2011 (12)
- ► 2010 (26)
- ▼ October (4)
- ► 2008 (22)