Saturday, October 3, 2009
Baked Tilapia with lime dressing and herbs
Just a quick recipe before I go to bed!
I tasted for the first time Tilapia when I came to the States and I just fell in love with the delicate, buttery flavor of this fish! It's just so light, I couldn't believe that it was fish at all. I mean there is fish that really smells " fishy", but the tilapia is more " friendly" and mild in any way.
One of my favorite recipes is for baked tilapia with lime dressing and I wanted to share it with you.
You will need:
8 tilapia fillets
1 tbsp creole spice
salt, black pepper to taste
2 lime's juice
1 lime for garnish
4 tbsp butter
2 tbsp raw walnuts
1 clove of garlic
5 min to clean and prepare the dish
10 min to bake
5 min to garnish and serve
Total 20 min
1. Preheat the oven at 450F.
2. In a greased pan place the tilapia as you sprinkle the creole spice, salt and black pepper. Bake for 10 min or until done( you have to check on it often, because you don't want dry fish! It has to be juicy and light, not burnt and dry!)
* Note: Although baking the tilapia is more lean and healthy, you can pan fry it too and serve with the same dressing.
3. In a food processor combine the softened butter ( it has to be softened, not melted!)walnuts, garlic clove, salt and lime juice. Blend well.
4. When the fish is ready, serve in a hot serving plate with drizzled lime dressing on top and sprinkled with freshly chopped mint. Garnish with the lime.
This dish is perfect for nice and cold dry white wine and freshly baked french baguette. I recommend as a side dish risotto with fresh peppers and tomato.
I have been asked so many questions about this recipe, that I decided I should repost it and update the instructions, hopefully you'...
This is what has been keeping me from posting yesterday! You can see the recipe I use step by step here : Kozunaci ( Easter breads) the ...
One of my most vivid childhood memories is of my family making Luteniza. The whole family ( parents, grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncle...
I have been cooking for a while, 23 years to be exact and if there was one thing I've always been scared of, that is a pressure cooker...
- ► 2011 (12)
- ► 2010 (26)
- ▼ October (4)
- ► 2008 (22)