Tuesday, September 22, 2009
There are many ways to prepare Albacore but I mostly prefer it in a salad. It is great if you can find fresh one, steam it, let it cool down and then add it to the salad, but if you can't find one, you can just use canned. Since finding fresh is more difficult and sometimes people prefer to buy one that they know the source of, I will write the recipe with the canned one.
You would need:
For the salad
1 can of albacore
1 cup of pine nuts
1 lettuce ( you can use arugula and spinach if you like them as well)
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 cup scallions
For the dressing
3 tbsp extra virgin olive
1/2 tsp salt
5 min to wash and prepare
10 min to assemble the salad
Total 15 min
1. Wash all vegetables. Slice the cherry tomatoes, chop the salad and scallions.
2. Cut the Albacore and avocado in chunks. Add them to the mix.
3. In a dry saute pan brown the pine nuts just so you can release the nutty flavor. Let them cool completely and then sprinkle them on top of the salad.
4. Mix the olive oil, the salt, the juice from one lime and black pepper to make the dressing.
5. Garnish the salad with the dressing and a slice of lime, then serve.
I have been asked so many questions about this recipe, that I decided I should repost it and update the instructions, hopefully you'...
This is what has been keeping me from posting yesterday! You can see the recipe I use step by step here : Kozunaci ( Easter breads) the ...
One of my most vivid childhood memories is of my family making Luteniza. The whole family ( parents, grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncle...
This is one of the things I've craved the most when I was pregnant with my daughter. Gosh, wash I glad when I finally found a ready ma...
- ► 2011 (12)
- ► 2010 (26)
- ▼ 2009 (32)
- ► 2008 (22)