Sunday, July 26, 2009
Martha's Alphabet Soup in 3 easy steps
You've probably seen the PBS Kids show Martha Speaks, but in case you haven't check it out! My kids are crazy about Martha!
And as I mentioned before in my previous posts they love to eat whatever people( or else) are eating in the movies they watch.
So, here is my Martha's alphabet soup, the soup that made the dog talk
* You take full responsibility if feeding it to your dog! All of the consequences if it does or doesn't start speaking are your responsibility too, because the soup is intended for dog loving humans only. :-)
You will need:
4 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 tbsp finely chopped carrots
2 tbsp finely chopped green peppers
1 cup alphabet noodles
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
3 quarts water
salt, black pepper to taste
1/2 cup milk
4 eggs ( for 4 servings)
fresh dill ( for decoration)
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan. Add the onions, carrots and green peppers.
When the onions are golden in color, add the alphabet noodles. Stir well at all times.
2. When the alphabet noodles look "glossy" on the surface, add the tomato paste,crushed tomatoes and water. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Stir well.
3. When the alphabet noodles are ready, add the 1/2 cup of milk while stirring constantly with a large spoon. Take the soup off the stove, place a lid on it and let is stand for 5-10 min.
Optional: boil the eggs and decorate the plate. Chop the dill and add to the soup if you like it.
I have been asked so many questions about this recipe, that I decided I should repost it and update the instructions, hopefully you'...
This is what has been keeping me from posting yesterday! You can see the recipe I use step by step here : Kozunaci ( Easter breads) the ...
* Our Christmas table 2011 I have written before about Bulgarian Christmas and our tradition to have only vegan food on Christmas Eve. T...
One of my most vivid childhood memories is of my family making Luteniza. The whole family ( parents, grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncle...
- ► 2011 (12)
- ► 2010 (26)
- ▼ July (9)
- ► 2008 (22)