Monday, October 13, 2008
Spinach Phyllo Triangles or Spanakopita
This is unbelievably easy recipe that I haven't made in a long time!
Today I had some fresh spinach and I decided to make "banitsa" for dinner but I wanted it to be different than the usual one I make. So I chose the triangular shape and made a filling from eggs, feta cheese, spinach and butter. I hope you like the pictures, I am trying to learn how to do it properly, not much of a success but a lot better than it was :-)
1 package phyllo dough
2 cups grated feta cheese( you can also mash it with a fork if you want)
8 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 package of baby spinach
1. Preheat the oven at 350 F degrees.Rinse really well the spinach, then cut it in small pieces. In a preheated pan saute the baby spinach with the vegetable oil.
2. Add the eggs and feta cheese and stir for a couple of minutes ( until all the water is gone and the eggs are getting stiff enough to serve with a spoon).
3. Cut each phyllo sheets into two long pieces. Brush the long pieces with butter, then at one end of each piece add a 1 tablespoon full of spinach mixture. Start folding in triangular shape ( every time you have to have a right triangle that helps keep the mixture inside)
4. Place the triangles on a greased cookie sheet or pan and bake on 350F until golden in color( around 15-20 minutes).
5. Serve warm with a piece of cheese, yogurt or milk.
P.S By the way I am starting to prepare the cake for the October cake challenge, wish me luck!
I have been asked so many questions about this recipe, that I decided I should repost it and update the instructions, hopefully you'...
This is what has been keeping me from posting yesterday! You can see the recipe I use step by step here : Kozunaci ( Easter breads) the ...
* Our Christmas table 2011 I have written before about Bulgarian Christmas and our tradition to have only vegan food on Christmas Eve. T...
Have you seen the movie Ponyo? Miyazaki is one of my favorite directors and as a huge fan of " Kiki's delivery service ",...
- ► 2011 (12)
- ► 2010 (26)
- ► 2009 (32)
- ▼ October (3)